Explainer Video Script: Guide
- difficulty level: beginner
- time to complete: 20 minutes
These pointers should help you get an outline for your explainer script.
- Max three bullet points on each section – you’re aiming for 90seconds
- It’s not a product brief so save the details (facts, raw data, industry best practices) for another video
- General Solution(s)
- Introduce Product
- How it works – General
- How it works – Specific
- Value Prop – Exclusive Benefits
- Call to Action
Once that’s done, you can move onto fleshing out structure with visual details to form the storyboard/shotlist. Need more guidance? See a completed example here.
I personally prefer a shotlist over a storyboard for live action shooting but with motion graphics, a storyboard wins hands down.
Link to storyboard post
Link to shotlist post